Total Produce plc is a publicly traded company headquartered in Ireland and listed on the Dublin and London stock exchanges. Growing, sourcing, importing, packaging, distributing and marketing over 200 lines of fresh fruits, vegetables and flowers, the Total Produce Group distributes over 400 million cartons of fresh produce to the retail, wholesale, foodservice and processing sectors across Europe and North America annually.
Total Produce USA, a subsidiary of Total Produce plc, manages Total Produce’s businesses in North and South America which include The Oppenheimer Group, Gambles Ontario Produce, Progressive Produce, The Fresh Connection, Eco Farms and El Parque.
Due to the success of the company we are hiring a Financial Accountant for our North American division. We are looking for a certified public accountant who will report to the Financial Reporting Manager based in our head office in Newport Beach. The successful candidate will play a key role in our corporate accounting team, preparing accurate and timely financial reporting to the parent company and other stakeholders.
- Assist with the timely and accurate monthly reporting and review of all financial information received from Total Produce North America’s subsidiaries, associates and joint ventures; ensuring that all financial reports required by executive management and Total Produce plc are accurate and in compliance with accounting policies
- Responsible for month end close and financial reporting of holding companies
- Participate in annual budgeting and quarterly forecasting
- Assist with the completion of Total Produce North America’s other group reporting requirements including 1099 forms, required information for tax filings, half year reporting, year-end reporting, etc
- Other ad hoc projects
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Extensive knowledge of US GAAP, IFRS experience a plus
- A strong financial background with proven success in financial reporting.
- Commercial awareness and a logical approach to enable you to reach a balanced view, recommend practical improvements, and promote best practice
- Highly motivated and able to work on own initiative
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize projects
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to liaise and influence effectively at all levels
- Strong IT competency including proficiency in financial reporting systems, Word, Excel, Outlook, and other computer programs (experience with QuickBooks a plus)
- Bachelor degree in accounting or related field
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) designation
- Big 4 public accounting firm supporting public companies, a plus
- Public company financial reporting experience a plus
- An excellent benefit package including medical, dental, vision, 401k and paid time off.
We thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Interested candidates should apply in confidence to; email@example.com
For further information, Please See: www.totalproduce.com