Senior Internal Auditor
Senior Internal Auditor
We are seeking a Senior Internal Auditor to join our expanding international Internal Audit team at this very exciting time.
Total Produce Plc and Dole Food Company, Inc. recently announced its intention to create a new, U.S. listed company (“Dole plc”). Dole plc will be the global #1 in fresh produce with estimated combined 2020 revenue of approximately US$9.0 billion, Adjusted EBITDA of approximately US$379 million and total assets of approximately US$4.5 billion.
You will become a key member of a global team reporting Internal Audit Head of EMEA and working with colleagues in the US and around the globe. This specific opportunity will reside in Dublin.
The Senior Internal Auditor is responsible for managing and conducting internal audit tasks across the EMEA (Europe, Middle East, Africa) region. The senior will engage with varying layers of leadership to evaluate day-to-day operations and financials and translate risks to big picture issues that directly impact the business and its customers.
Head of Internal Audit (EMEA)
Key internal relationships:
Director of Internal Audit, Internal Audit Team Members, external consultants (as required), various ‘process owners’ across the Group
Significant travel during the typical working week will be required across continental Europe and the UK, with periodic visits to other areas of the EMEA region (eg. South Africa).
- Complete risk-based audit work with some coaching and limited supervision.
- Lead and perform multiple tasks on assurance and advisory engagements from planning through fieldwork and reporting in conformance with The IIA’s International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing (Standards).
- Communicate internal audit potential findings in a timely and collaborative manner with process owners to develop creative and practical recommendations to remediate control deficiencies focused on root cause.
- Create work papers that meet the audit evidence requirements IIA’s International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing with a high degree of independence and limited supervision.
- Perform and document ‘walkthroughs’ and gain an understanding of various processes with limited supervision and coaching
- Coordinate with process owners to obtain an understanding of the information provided during the audit process.
- Provide input to the development of audit project level risk assessment linked to the strategy of the business area and enterprise risk assessment.
- Participate in fraud scheme discussions for the audit scope.
- Draft audit programmes based upon understanding the business and the key risks with some coaching and supervision
- Assess the company’s approach to governance, risk, and controls during an audit project
- Participate in the development or new internal audit processes and ongoing process improvement.
- Leverage various techniques for data gathering required for audit purposes.
- Draft audit findings in conformance with the internal audit department’s procedures.
- Apply root cause analysis techniques within the audit process as required.
- Collaborate with the business to drive actions that are impactful, pragmatic, and achievable.
- Establish and maintain excellent relationships within the team and across the business.
- Inspire risk awareness throughout the organisation.
- Coordinate with other assurance providers (second line of defence) as directed by the Head of EMEA or the VP of Internal Audit
- Act as a valuable resource to the company regarding governance, risk management and controls.
- Work closely with the Head of Internal Audit (EMEA) to complete tasks assigned by the Director of Internal Audit.
Key experience and skills:
- Minimum 3 years of progressively responsible professional internal audit experience leading and performing multiple tasks.
- Highly organised and confident in relation to working across varying locations on a frequent basis.
- Skillful in adapting communication and influencing styles across different national and organisational cultures.
- Track record in managing complex tasks in a variety of settings/situations.
- Ability to embrace uncertainty and ambiguity.
- Demonstrates a positive and engaging attitude when working with business process owners and the wider internal audit team.
- Proactive in managing assignments and projects.
- Ability to perform to a high level both independently and in a team environment.
- Demonstrates an attention to detail.
- Exhibits the ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Highly effective questioning and listening skills.
- Strong facilitation skills, able to open and lead probing conversations in a constructive manner.
- Models ethical behaviour and executes job responsibilities in an independent and objective manner.
- Applied knowledge of the IIA’s International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing.
Key core competencies required:
- Critical and analytical thinking:
- Apply problem solving techniques to solve routine issues
- Articulate to audit management the actual issue and collaborate with audit management in sharing observations
- Verbal and written communication:
- Demonstrates listening skills, conducts independent interactions with ease, and delivers information in clear and concise manner
- Comfortable communicating professionally with all levels of seniority across a global organisation
- Project management:
- Ability to complete project goals and assigned tasks within given constraints of scope, time and budget
- Time management:
- Ability to work smart by organizing and prioritizing work to be completed to a high standard and on time
- Business acumen:
- Demonstrates how to relate business objectives of the area being audited, associated risks and internal controls
- Demonstrates exemplary leadership through ethical and objective behaviour, which supports our company Values and encompasses Diversity and Inclusion across the organisation
- Fluent in English and with a preferred first/second language (ideally Swedish, Danish, German, or Spanish).
- Experience in the Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG) industry
- Experience auditing IT
Education and professional qualifications:
- Degree-level education in business, finance, or accounting.
- At least one active relevant certification such as Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA), Association of Chartered Accountant (ACCA), Associated Chartered Accountant (ACA), Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), Certification in Risk Management Assurance (CRMA).
- All interested applicants should forward their curriculum vitae by 13th August 2021 to TPDoleInternalAuditrecruitment@totalproduce.com
Total Produce Plc is an equal opportunities employer.